The Dacres Commercial Building Surveying team focuses its services on organisations which develop, acquire and manage property portfolios for occupation, operational, investment or trading purposes.
The team provides services across a wide spectrum of needs and types of survey requirements. These include:
- Building works (including design, contract administration and project management)
- Maintenance forecasting
- Defects analysis
- Fire risk assessments
- Project monitoring for landlords, owners and funding organisations
- Party wall surveyor for building and adjoining owners
Landlord and Tenant
The team has widespread experience in dealing with both landlord and tenant issues. Our service provisions for tenants include preparation of Schedules of Condition and advice for tenants at lease commencement and negotiating on schedules prepared by landlords. A similar service can also be prepared on properties within use by local authorities that are on full repairing and insuring leases to plan and mitigate dilapidation liabilities. For landlords we can prepare interim and terminal Schedules of Dilapidations during and at lease termination and provide impartial but commercially aware advice in accordance with the legislation which governs dilapidations, in particular the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) protocol.
Our surveying team has extensive experience of carrying out acquisition surveys on both commercial and domestic properties throughout Yorkshire and the North East. These can range from a specific defect type report and limited pre-purchase appraisals, right through to Building Surveys and Technical Due Diligence Reports.
As legislation related to commercial property is constantly evolving, we make sure clients stay ahead of the game and are compliant in all applicable regulations relating to their business or property assets. We provide expert advice on:
- DDA 1995 (Disability Discrimination Act)
- Party Wall Act 1996
- The Control of Asbestos 2012
- Regulatory (Fire Reform Order) 2006
- The Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007
- Health and Safety at Work (The management of)
- Regulations 1999 and allied regulations
For a specific quote please call 01943 885400.