As part of the Property Management Accounts team, you will be responsible for a variety of finance-related tasks. The role covers all aspects of Property Management accounts from the daily allocation of receipts and payments and ensuring all the records on the Property Management software and associated reports are correctly maintained. You will work closely with other members of the property management team to ensure all aspects of the role are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Key responsibilities
- You are responsible for the accurate daily processing of bank statements for client payments, referencing receipts and allocating as appropriate;
- You are responsible for the accurate daily allocation of the banking; checking receipts have been allocated correctly and investigating and reallocating any discrepancies;
- Accurate allocation and receipt of client payments;
- Accurately process client payments, working from the PM accounting system and reports, marking these as ‘paid’, as appropriate;
- You will be required to respond in a timely manner to any internal and external queries. These will be a mixture of emails, telephone calls and face to face requests;
- Accurate processing and banking of cheques from tenants, occupiers, etc. working from the PM accounting system and reports, marking these as ‘paid’, as appropriate;
- Correctly processing and repaying deposits for tenants, occupiers, etc. Ensuring those that are refunded, qualify for this repayment;
- Raise client charges and credit their accounts, as required;
- Process new tenancies, liaising with the Lettings and Property Managers to complete these correctly;
- Process client payments and statements; compiling with invoices and posting to clients. Ensuring that all charges are current, and monies allocated accurately;
- Frank any post, as and when required;
- Accurately process debtor refunds – i.e. refunding overpaid rent to tenants, as and when required. Ensure those that are refunded, qualify for this repayment;
- Accurately process and reconcile any ad-hoc credits and debits;
- Reprint any historical statements for clients, as requested;
- Maintain Payment Lists to ensure it is correct and kept up to date;
- Provide training for new colleagues, as directed;
- Provide adequate cover for the other members of the PM accounts team, as and when required;
- You are expected to adhere to the Company Standards of Service and carry out any other reasonable duties required by the business.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Conscientious, hard-working and self-disciplined;
- Ability to work to deadlines/targets for self and others;
- Works effectively and calmly under pressure;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Active team player.
- Experience of working within an accounts or finance department/team or similar;
- Highly articulate with a clear telephone manner;
- Excellent IT skills – with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to multi-task;
- High attention to detail;
- Highly organised;
- High level of accuracy;
- Highly self-motivated.
- Previous property management accounts experience or equivalent;
- Strong understanding of the Company’s products and services.
Permanent, Full-time (Monday to Friday)